- 250g Changing Habits cacao chips or dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of medicinal mushrooms and/or adaptogens ( Teelixir Tremella Mushroom or Superfeast I am Gaia or Life Cykel Chaga Mushroom Liquid Extract )
- Toppings include: seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit, spices**
- 1 tablespoon of Changing Habits Rapadura Sugar or
- 6 drops of Thankfully Nourished Monk Fruit Concentrate
- ½ teaspoon of Changing Habits Probiotics powder
- 5 drops of Wild Orange/ Peppermint Essential Oil
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Melt Cacao melts and coconut oil over a double boiler on a medium heat. If using Rapadura sugar add this too so that it melts.
- Otherwise use monk fruit concentrate after cacao has melted and add, essential oil, medicinal mushrooms and probiotic powder. Whisk so dissolved.
- Spread mixture to about 1.5cm into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with toppings ensuring that they are pressed into the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set.
- Once set, break or/and cut bark into pieces.
- Relish and enjoy.
Tremella is a great mushroom to add for a little sweetness. Reishi, Lion’s Mane, Chaga, Cordyceps and Ashwagandha have amazing benefits but with no distinct taste so brilliant for adding to Chocolate Bark.
**Ideas for toppings include:
-Hemp seeds Hemp Foods Australia Hemp Seeds or pumpkin seeds
-Almonds 2DIE4 Activated Almonds, cashews 2DIE4 Activated Cashew Nuts, pecans or macadamia nuts
-Goji berries, cherries or blueberries
-Cinnamon or ginger