These are brownies to die for!
Alexx Stuart from Low Tox Life posted her Mum’s brownie recipe recently, which I enthusiastically whipped up as I love chocolate brownie. Feeling creative, I gave this awesome recipe a boost adding medicinal mushrooms and tonics. I also added some cherries to make it even more delish.
Try stopping at one! 😋
- 1/2 cup of melted butter cooled until it is warm, not hot. For dairy free option: 1/4 macadamia nut or olive oil and 1/4 cup of the thick creamy top from a can of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of Changing Habits cacao powder
- 3/4 cup of Changing Habits rapadura sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean powder or paste
- 2 tbsp of tapioca flour/arrowroot flour or cornflour
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nut meal (or almond meal) – blitzing the nuts fresh is the best
- 1 tsp of Shroom to Improve lion’s mane (optional – you can play around with the medicinal mushrooms you use)
- 1 tsp of Superfeast Qi (optional – you can play around with the tonics you use)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Changing Habits cacao chips
- 3/4 cup of frozen cherries/raspberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan forced (10 degrees hotter for non-fan forced)
- Combine cooled melted butter and cacao powder
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth for about 1 minute. If using a Thermomix, 6 seconds on speed 6.
- Mix in macadamia nut meal, flour, Lion’s Mane, Qi and baking powder by hand. If using a Thermomix, 10 seconds on speed 1.
- Mix in cacao chips and frozen cherries by hand until combined. If using a Thermomix, reverse for 4 seconds on speed 2.
- Spread the mixture into a lined 20cm tin and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Yum 😋