Are you frightened of good saturated fats? “Fat” has become a dirty word.
Good quality saturated fats are essential to your everyday diet and your healthy bod.
And…. They are YUMMY 😋
Ghee is super easy to make and delicious to cook with. It is unclarified butter and is 99% butter oil.
Some people who are intolerant to dairy, may be able to consume ghee, as the milk solids in the butter are eliminated when ghee is made.
4 x 250g of organic, grass fed butter, unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
- Place the butter into a dish and put in the oven for approximately 2 hours.
- The milk solids will fall to the bottom, the ghee will be in the middle and some whey will float on the top (often looks crunchy).
- Use a slotted spoon to scrap the floating bits off the top.
- Carefully pour the ghee into a bowl, watching that the milk solids remain in the dish.
- Pour into jars and store in the fridge.